Fall is my favorite season. You’ve probably heard me say it over and over again, and I won’t stop, likely until the first snow falls- then I’ll complain about how much I hate winter, and miss autumn. In any case, there’s something so very dreamy about the changing color of the leaves, cooling temperatures, warm sweaters, thick socks, clunky leather boots… and pumpkin spice everything. I love it so much I dedicated a whole pinboard to it on Pinterest. Of course it would only be appropriate I tackled a blog post on everything I love about Autumn, then, right?
Things I am excited for this fall season:
1. Apple picking. Of course this means hot apple cider, apple pie and these apple donuts I will be making.
2. Layering up. Chunky Sweaters, thick socks and clunky leather boots. Love them all- especially together.
3. Pumpkin Spice everything. Call me a cliché, but I really am truly in love with everything pumpkin-spiced. Smoothies, oatmeal, pie… and now I’m looking to make some scones and donuts, after these delicious recipes.
4. Picnics. Thermoses of hot chocolate, warm stew and hunks of fresh baked [gluten-free] bread- is there anything better.
5. Chili. Recently decided as one of my top-five favorite foods, chili wins my heart over every time. I will definitely be making my favorite Sweet Potato Black Bean version but you can never have too many chili recipes, so I’m bound to make more.
6. Roasted veggies. Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, kabocha squash… my mouth waters at the thought of crispy burnt edges and creamy, buttery bites.
7. Brisk hikes. I love hiking, and there is no better time to lace up my hiking boots, slither into my long johns and layer it up for a brisk hike in the cool fall air.
8. Comfort foods. Hearty bowls of oatmeal, creamy pasta dishes, thick stews and fresh baked goods all around, Autumn just screams rich comfort foods.
9. Extra blankets. We all love the need for extra blankets on our bed, and the pure inability to wake up in the morning because it’s just. so. cozy. Ahh…
10. Maple syrup. What more do I need to say?
What are you looking forward to this Autumn?